Monday, September 6, 2010

A Better Burger Bet



Did you have a nice Labor Day weekend?  I have no complaints.  The weather's been a delight and it's been nice to have no commitments, no taxiing kids to their activities, and the luxury of free time to do as I please.

I was planning to have a burger tonight until I calculated the POINTS it would cost me.  9 POINTS for the patty alone!  Mind you, I could have done it and still been within my daily and weekly allowance but something in me just insisted that I find an alternative.  I came up with this:



I remembered that I had individually frozen salmon fillets in the freezer so I thought I'd grill one alongside the burgers and shave off 7 POINTS in the process!  Then I checked the nutritional information for the frozen fries I was preparing and was pleasantly surprised to find that a 3 oz portion of these babies baked in the oven came to only 2 POINTS!!!  I was psyched!  So, I ended up with an enormously satisfying 8 POINT meal when all was said and done.

So, I ask you, when faced with this choice,

it's a no-brainer, isn't it?!

I'd love to hear what you're doing this week to achieve your goals.  What choices are you particularly proud of?

Until next time,
Deborah

No comments:

Post a Comment